To: Florida Facility Owners, Operators and Managers
From: Florida Self Storage Board of Trustees
Date: February 2, 2017
RE: Proposed Self Storage Legislation Needs Your Support
Our proposed legislation, Senate Bill 262, is on the Senate Judiciary Committee agenda for Tuesday, February 7, at 2:00pm. Bills being heard this early in the process usually indicates broad support. That being said, our lobbyist will be working to lobby the committee members until Tuesday’s meeting to insure a positive result.
Listed below are the Senate Judiciary Committee members with links to their website bios, which contain their contact information. We are asking that if you live or if your facility(s) is any of the towns listed below that you call or email the Senators and/or their staff, to express your support of the bill. The more people they hear from, the greater our chances are of getting this bill passed.
You can review the proposed changes to the self-storage lien law at: https://www.floridassa.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/SB-262-Self-Storage-Lien-Law-Proposed.pdf
Please contact the Judiciary Committee members that are in your area and tell them you support Senate Bill 262. It’s easy to do by e-mail if you are uncomfortable calling:
- Chairman Greg Steube (Sarasota) – https://www.flsenate.gov/Senators/s23
- Vice Chair Lizbeth Benacquisto (Fort Myers) – https://www.flsenate.gov/Senators/s27
- Senator Randolph Bracy (Orlando) – https://www.flsenate.gov/Senators/s11
- Senator Anitere Flores (Miami) – https://www.flsenate.gov/Senators/s39
- Senator Rene Garcia (Miami) – https://www.flsenate.gov/Senators/s36
- Senator Audrey Gibson (Jacksonville) – https://www.flsenate.gov/Senators/s6
- Senator Debbie Mayfield Vero Beach/Melbourne) – https://www.flsenate.gov/Senators/s17
- Senator Bobby Powell (West Palm Beach) – https://www.flsenate.gov/Senators/s30
- Senator Perry Thurston (Ft. Lauderdale) – https://www.flsenate.gov/Senators/s33
Thank you for your help.